About this role: Mining Engineer
Our client operates one of the largest coal mines in NSW, with some of the most skilled engineering and mining professionals in Australia. Working as a Mining Engineer, you will work with stakeholders of all varieties, lead planning initiatives and innovate through effective design and planning across multiple mining areas.
This position will be site-based Monday to Friday, north of Singleton and is also open to candidates who wish to relocate. Any interstate candidates looking to gain a new position in NSW Coal Mining are urged to apply.
- Producing mine designs for Mobile plant fleets - (Excavators, draglines, dozers and drill & blast).
- Interacting with a large range of stakeholders to ensure success, translating midterm designs and optimising into the short-term.
- Weekly presentations to refine proposed plans and implement accordingly.
- Day to day planning through to 12 months.
- Exposure to mine scheduling of a large fleet of Mining Equipment across multiple active mining areas.
- Project work in a variety of key areas including civil construction, mining, environmental.
- Working with consultants and contractors to achieve desired outcomes.
- Involved in continuous training and personal development within the Tech Services area.
- Professional experience with Vulcan, Deswik or related software – highly regarded.
- Prior experience in Mining, preferably in a planning, scheduling or engineering discipline.
- Ability to develop reports which clearly communicate findings with a variety of key stakeholders including the Senior Leadership Team.
- High level influencing and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint).
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Development and training to support & progress your career.
- Paid parental leave.
- minimum five weeks annual leave.
- a generous incentive program.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)