Vacancy number • PUB406500
Brunel has multiple direct hire opportunities for Heavy Equipment Mechanics with our mining client located an hour North of Santa Clarita, California.
As an experienced Mechanic, you would service and repair large mining equipment on site and perform lead duties. You would report to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor. This is a safety sensitive position.
These positions will be on a rotating schedule – similar to a Dupont schedule.
About this role
- Mechanics Level 4 - 6 will be responsible for performing scheduled maintenance on all applicable equipment.
- Perform minor and major maintenance repairs to equipment as needed.
- Perform major component change outs and rebuilds.
- Welding and fabrication as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on heavy equipment.
- Diagnosis heavy equipment failures and issues.
- Perform lead duties - mentor and other maintenance technicians.
- Assist Mobile Maintenance Supervisor and crew members in coordinating work and providing updates on work progress.
- Maintain records of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Work with expeditors to ensure parts ordered accurately and timely.
- Maintain positive communication with maintenance and operations departments.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times.
- Adhere to all safety and standard operating procedures.
- 5-10+ years minimum experience in diagnosing and maintenance of heavy construction and/or mining equipment.
- 1 to 3 years team leader experience.
- Must know and understand hydraulics and electrical theory.
- Self-motivated, willing to take control of situations and give directions as needed.
- Be able to perform major component tear downs and failure analysis.
- Excel at troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, and engines, assessing failure analysis, and performing major component teardowns.
- Be a leader and go-getter who is eager to share your knowledge and grow with the company.
- Must have their own tools and toolbox, up to and including 3/4 drive impact set.
- Proficiency with maintenance programs (e.g., Manager Plus).
- The right candidates will be willing and able to work rotating shifts and have no issue with working in inclement weather.
- Able to climb and lift 50lbs.
- Able to operate 26000 lb. lube / service truck and have a good understanding of lubrication i.e. greases and oils.
- Driver’s license required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
Our client offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes the following:
- $30-$50/hourly based on level of experience
- 401K with Company Matching
- PPO & HMO Health Insurance Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Accruals
- Relocation package negotiable
Our client is a mining company an hour North of Santa Clarita, California.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Madison Ringlein quoting publication number: PUB406500