Vacancy number • PUB406547
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance, and Engineering, the primary objective for the Fixed, Plant Maintenance Superintendent is to provide leadership to a top-notch team and inspire, empower, and support them to provide asset availability to deliver on the planned production profile at or below budgeted costs.
About this role
- Promote the IRS (Internal Responsibility System), Champion and enforce the principles of the IRS to ensure a shared responsibility towards health, safety, and environment standards among all employees and contractors.
- Oversee and ensure that all health, safety, environment, and community (HSEC) objectives are met, implementing policies and procedures that protect the wellbeing of all personnel and the surrounding community.
- Work closely with the services, production, and maintenance superintendents to cultivate a culture of safety, efficiency, and reliability across all operations. Your collaborative efforts will be pivotal in enhancing operational synergies and achieving production targets.
- Lead by example to foster a culture focused on safe, efficient, and reliable production. Ensure that all team members are aligned with and contribute to this culture, promoting a safe working environment as a top priority.
- Oversee and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for the department. Regularly review and analyze performance data to identify trends, areas for improvement, and implement strategies to address any issues.
- Proactively identify challenges and bottlenecks within the department's operations. Implement corrective actions and improvements to resolve these issues, ensuring the department's objectives are met efficiently.
- Drive the implementation of progressive, sustainable improvements in line with the company's business objectives. Ensure that changes and enhancements contribute to the long-term success and efficiency of the department.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives, facilitating effective communication and cooperation across all levels of the organization.
- Minimum 5 years experience in senior a leadership capacity
- Minimum of 10 years in Fixed Plant Maintenance experience with electrical infrastructure, hoists, crushers, conveyances, compressed air, dewatering pumping systems, etc
- Certified Trade, Technologist or Engineering degree would be considered an asset
- Critical thinker with/ technical knowledge, reliability background and mechanical/electrical skills
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Norka Thompson quoting publication number: PUB406547