Maintainability and Inspectability Engineer - Offshore & Subsurface Structures
Vacancy number • PUB406463
- To review the 3D model prior to participating in any Maintainability and Inspectability 3D model reviews,
- To participate in Maintainability and Inspectability 3D model reviews (30%, 60%, 90%, follow-up meetings…) at EPC premises or online, providing their expertise and input into the design and installation of equipment, relative to Maintainability, Inspectability and material handling.
- Identifying concerns and ensuring punches are rectified or recorded,
- To follow all punch list items recorded within the MIE Scope through to punch closure,
- To ensure and verify that all material handling devices defined during the detailed engineering phase have been correctly selected and methods of installation meet COMPANY standards.
About this role
- Ensure MIE department resources complete the HSEQ mandatory trainings on time,
- Monitor work activities, especially areas where unsafe acts could occur and ensure that risks have been properly identified and assessed prior to work execution (Job Safety Analysis),
- Ensure that potential failures, weaknesses and hazards are immediately reported,
- Verify during the 3D Model reviews that all HSE aspects associated with regards to Maintenance and Inspection can be safely performed during the life cycle of the Installation. This includes the ability to safely deploy life saving equipment in event of an emergency.
- Review deliverables issued by the MIE Contractor related to the Maintainability and Inspectability Work Pack.
- To read, and understand COMPANY standards associated with Maintainability, Inspectability and material handling (lifting and transfer),
- Pre review 3D models and create a report of findings including discrepancies & inconsistencies with standards, observations such as clashes, obstructions, and anomalies with regards to access and egress,
- Attend 3D model review sessions, raising your findings and ensuring they are addressed or captured within a punch list to be resolved,
- Ensure handling methods are critiqued and are in line with COMPANY standards and that the outcomes are detailed within the EPC material handling study / report,
- Discussion when required with SLS (Site Lifting Specialist) who is present at construction yard,
- Follow up on the punch list items with the project PDMS coordinator and relevant discipline engineers. Ensuring punch close out before Transfer to Operations and Maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering,
- Rigging & Lifting training.
- 3-8 years site experience with a strong background in Material Handling, Rigging & Lifting,
- Previous experience within engineering or design of petrochemical, refining, Oil & Gas facilities.
- Medically fit to travel to Offshore Oil & Gas Platforms,
- H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 30-JUN-2025, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Babu Harishchandra Jadhav quoting publication number: PUB406463