Lead PVV Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406465
- Ensure Engineering Dossier are delivered with a robust PVV engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure assigned project tasks within PVV discipline are well managed in accordance with the project execution plan and contractual requirements that includes:
- Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project PVV discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome
- Assisting to project studies and meetings related to the PVV discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity
- Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the PVV discipline, conducting impact assessment to provide detailed information to Package Engineering Manager for decision making.
- High performance, competency, and availability of the resources within the PVV team in close coordination with Package Engineering Manager
About this role
- Ensure, control and coordinate the proper realization of the PVV design in compliance with project specifications and procedures, time schedule, required level of quality and safety
- Plan, prepare and lead the PVV discipline kick-off meeting with EPC Contractor in close coordination with Package Engineering Manager and Engineering Coordinators.
- Contribute to the proper realization of the identification of and specification of the LLI
- Identify and manage PVV engineering technical decisions to be made. Define and manage clear way forward for these decisions to be made and agreed within Engineering phase time schedule.
- Monitor closely the discipline progress, define all actions and manage them to secure the design completion.
- Work closely with Package Engineering Coordinators to coordinate and manage PVV engineering interfaces with other disciplines and other parties.
- Detail and monitor the PVV interface parameters between jacket and topsides, and other components.
- Assist Package Engineering Manager in preparation of Package Engineering Execution Plan to develop agreed based lines for PVV discipline.
- Work with weight control engineer and engineering team to ensure close weight monitoring and control of weight.
- Ensure project documents related to the PVV discipline are reviewed and commented in a timely manner and in accordance with standards, project specification and contractual requirements.
- Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of detailed design, promote, and encourage submissions of value engineering proposals.
- Promote fit for purpose design to reduce and to optimize planning and costs,
- Ensure as far as possible standardization of design proposals for wellhead platforms
- Coordinate and issue project response to contractors and vendors requests on engineering design clarifications and TQR.
- Liaise with discipline engineer to identify/review the protentional deviations/derogations to the to ensure deviation package is mature for CMS submission and approval.
- Consult E&C department to process derogation requests and interface with relevant TRP to secure needed approvals
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Qualification: Engineering degree in mechanical engineering.
- Experience: minimum 15 years’ experience as mechanical/ PVV engineer in Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong knowledge in piping components, valves, pressure vessels, PDMS, welding, metallurgy, piping codes (ASME, API, ASTM),
- At least 5 years of experiences as Lead PVV Engineer supervising a team
- Extensive experience in piping, vessel and valve engineering with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry,
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Dec-2025, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Muhammad Umair Afzal quoting publication number: PUB406465