Lead of Planning
Vacancy number • PUB406424
- Responsible for the Project Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract(s) schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System.
- This includes development, maintenance, monitoring, controlling and integration of the EPC schedule(s) including verification and reporting in addition to ensuring that all activities comply with standardized processes and are delivered to the highest possible standards.
- Understanding of the key project drivers to ensure delivery of the project within the agreed timeframe.
- Short deadlines and high pressure to deliver completed staff works.
- Ensures highest level of Project Management Team satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality services and amenities.
- Major challenges are time management to carry out various activities and/or assessments related to schedule, progress measurement and change management.
About this role
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
- Advises project management of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Assists Business Manager/Head in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Monitors and appraises the performance of the Contractor compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress and schedule control.
- Reviews and checks Contractor progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by the Contractor.
- Reviews, monitors and control the EPC Contractor’s schedules for all project activities for logic, level of detail, interfaces, etc (e.g., Level 3, Level 4, short-term look-ahead schedules).
- Reviews Contractor main subcontractor schedules and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into the overall EPC schedules.
- Reviews Contractor’s vendors and suppliers for both critical equipment and bulks and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into the overall EPC schedules.
- Develops and maintains project schedules and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope.
- Analyzes schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts.
- Conducts periodic meetings with the Contractor to review progress/activities and report on the status of the project to management.
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the PMT.
- Analyzes the planned quantity metrics projections for all disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc.). Monitors actual metrics quantities completed against planned.
- Bachelor degree in related subject or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project scheduling and controls for EPC oil and gas facilities capital projects / operating companies
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of project controls principles, theories, and concepts.
- At least five (5) years site/field scheduling experience.
- Experience developing work methods in accordance to established Company policies, directives from Management, schedules and professional engineering standards.
- Willing and able to travel as required.
- Hands on working experience in Primavera P6 Version 18 and above.
- Good knowledge of using Primavera Schedule Risk Analysis software for conducting Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 28 Feb 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Babu Harishchandra Jadhav quoting publication number: PUB406424