About this role: Lead - Workforce Optimisation
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking a Lead - Workforce Optimisation, to work with a world class mining company in PNG. The Lead – Workforce Optimisation role will lead the newly established Contract Mobilisation team to provide efficient people (contractor) mobilisation, headcount governance, workforce analytics and reporting.
Role Accountabilities (Key Tasks)Drive and influence proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership. Ensure all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual HSE requirements and hold people accountable for adherence
Develops team through feedback, exposure, coaching and entrenching formal training. Provide mentoring, advice & support to contract owners/supervisors and their support staff
Ensuring the SAP organisation structure are maintained, and quality assured to enable quality system integrations, people analytics and reporting. Establish robust processes and strong governance controls to keep the org. structure intact. Provide advice and support to the business relating to Contractor Management mobilisation, delivering on assigned projects and leading the team to deliver effective Contractor Management services. Develop and run a schedule of meetings with key stakeholders to monitor and improve contractor performance and resolve issues. Ensure process and systems integrity, identifying and addressing any “process variations” with adequate controls to prevent unplanned, unbudgeted labour creeping into the business. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with stakeholders and address gaps by looking for ways to continually improve the processes, systems, and ways of working.
Delivers work within approved budget managing any variances in accordance with escalation process.Co-design and project manage the implementation of continuous improvement activities associated with headcount management, through to onboarding and mobilisation.
• Tertiary qualified degree or advanced diploma essential
• Workforce Planning / Contractor Management qualifications desirable
• 5+ years relevant work experience across mining operations or similar
• Ability to partner with the business to identify practical and sustainable solutions to process gaps
• Previous experience working in a remote location advantageous
• Leadership experience managing people and team outcomes
• Excellent computer proficiency in MS Office suite
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously
• Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
• Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & negotiations
• Exposure to operating in a multicultural environment
Attractive Daily Rate
Work from home opportunity
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)