About this role: Laboratory Technician I
Brunel Energy is working with a major Oil and Gas company looking to hire a Laboratory Technician I to support business from their Signum Oil Analysis Lab in Kansas City, KS for a 12-month assignment that can be extended.KEY DELIVERABLES
• Performs routine physical and chemical testing of used oils for customer trending purposes.
• Collects analytical data, monitors quality control and performance of laboratory instruments.
• Provides laboratory assistance where minimal technical knowledge is required.
• Conducts standardized physical and chemical tests applicable to a wide range of products and product applications.
• Provides daily instrument test results and contributes to the completion of daily sample login responsibilities.
• Monitors the quality of test data by applying instrument data review; refers to work instructions or standard operating procedures, as necessary.
• Collects and enters, or sends, test results.
• Supports Quality Practices & Guidelines (QP&G) in the facility by compliance with Data Integrity Assurance Framework (DIAF), Quality Assurance, Statistical Quality Control (SQC) and other applicable procedures and guidelines.
• Maintains integrity of recorded laboratory results.
• Maintains work area to facility housekeeping standards.
• Participates in physical shift changeover or information transfer via logbook.
• Receives, opens, sorts and logs in daily samples as necessary.
• Conveys instrument test results and other issues to appropriate personnel.
• Attends and participates in monthly Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) meetings addressing facility Safety, Security, Health & Environment (SSH&E) requirements.
• Works together with other team members to provide monthly safety/housekeeping inspections.
• Participates in Loss Prevention Systems (LPS) Tools activities.
Key Skills: Technical Writing, Interpersonal, Oral Communication, Document/Word Processing
Candidates must be willing to work the night shift (12:00 AM - 08:30 AM)
All candidates must be eligible to work in the USA on a full time basis without sponsorship
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Keith Jones via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel USA - Houston