About this role: Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
- Provide technical support and assure operations team in the Instrumentation &, Control Systems, Telecommunication engineering for the assigned projects, in order to achieve the required technical quality and integrity of work while considering Projects, Operations, Maintenance, Asset Integrity, HSE, ICT, Cyber Security requirements and objectives in terms of safety, time and cost.
- Technical decisions and engineering judgments have considerable safety, cost and/or schedule impact. Requires ability to influence people and work in multi discipline/cultural environment.
- Resolve technical problems within the discipline area. Visit work sites to verify / establish design conditions and assist during construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and troubleshooting of facilities.
- Manage conflicting priorities, varying technical requirements, plant / equipment shutdowns and Project schedule deadlines.
- Support development and training of related discipline skill-pool and standards. Support dealing with various stakeholders.
- Responsible for provision of the required quality technical support in the area of Instrumentation, Control systems, Telecommunication engineering expertise through all stages of the project;
- Verify and review technical designs documents in accordance with approved standards and to meet Operations, Maintenance, Asset Integrity, HSE, ICT and Cyber Security requirements;
- Ensure Scope Preparation Completeness Review and hands on experience in DCS, ESD, Fire & Gas, SCADA systems, SIL ratings, SIF, Field instrumentation, Cabling, Junction Boxes, Local control panels, Field HMIs, transmitters, Detectors, Vibration probes, thermowells, Fiber optic cables, Communication converters, Metering systems, Field panels, Control valves, Loop checks, Marshalling panels, system Cabinets, PLC cabinets, CPU IOs, Modbus, Operator consoles, PAGA system, RTU, RF, Microwave radios, switches, Servers, NTP Servers, GSM Modems etc;
- Plan and coordinate between Operations, Maintenance Asset Integrity, HSE, ICT and Cyber Security teams to ensure project requirements are met and aligned;
- Identifies potential hazards during Engineering activities (as applicable) such as Document Review, Design Safety Review workshop, HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, QRA, FERA, etc., participates in technical meetings, commissioning activities, SAT, Plant pre-start up safety audits, performance tests raises punch lists and provide support to operations and maintenance teams in various stages of project activities;
- Coordinate with Engineering, Project execution departments and Operations & Maintenance teams during projects’ FEED and EPIC stages to align Operations and Maintenance, Asset Integrity and HSE requirements;
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders and resolve relevant technical issues, punch lists during pre-commissioning and commissioning stages until the projects are successfully commissioned and handed over;
- Support Lead engineer or supervisor to ensure that all applicable environmental, process and safety technical policies are fully integrated and implemented;
- Ensure SIMOPS, Various Project Interfaces so that Shutdown Activities are properly planned for effective execution;
- Support development of Qatari team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrument & Control Engineering. Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable;
- Minimum 15 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 10 years in Oil & Gas industry with an international reputable Operating company;
- Experience in operations and maintenance is mandatory;
- Skill / knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or QP standards related to his area of expertise and Design Software related to Instrument & Control Engineering;
- Exposure with international consulting company, EPIC contractor with projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and Hand-over activities is an added advantage;
- Possess sound fundamentals in his discipline area. Shall possess very good technical skills in his discipline;
- Possess good communication, presentation skills and fluent in English language.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours /6 Days
- Two Years, renewable contract.
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Bea Cristina Pineda via the details below, quoting publication number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
+974 40403434 (Ext: 439)