About this role: Industrial Relations Officer
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking an experienced "Industrial Relations Officer" to work with one of the largest energy companies in the world, who have assets in Oil & Gas, LNG and Renewable energy.
We are seeking an experienced personnel for the role of Industrial Relations Officer. This position supports Project related workforce and industrial relations management and National (Local) Content commitments and obligations focusing on managing relationships with Project Construction Team, EPC Contractors and representative Lanco organisations responsible for the recruitment and selection and demobilisation of PNG National workforce.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Build and maintain the relationships with the appropriate EPC Contractor, sub-contractors and supporting Lanco organisations working internal and Contractor compliance obligations and workforce and industrial relations management commitments.
- Collaborate with National Content and Community Relations staff to ensure implementation of workforce recruitment, industrial relations management activities are executed in accordance with commitments described in the Labour and Working Conditions Management Procedures.
- Manage the direct interface and relationship with the Project Construction Team and EPC Contractors to ensure the Project workforce relations and camp management standards are met.
- Align tasks and work schedule of workforce and industrial relations activities and commitments with Project Construction Team and EPC Contractor schedules and priorities.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between Project Construction Team, EPC Contractor’s and stakeholders engaged in compliance related activities and problem resolution.
- Provide support, guidance, and expert advice to promote timely and effective implementation of the applicable Labour and Working Conditions Management Procedures by contractors and sub-contractors.
- Provide advice and support to Project Construction Team and EPC Contractors and other stakeholders regarding Project and Lender expectations regarding compliance with Company and Contractor Management Plans and Procedures.
- Participate in project risk assessments on an as-need basis to provide industrial relations advice for project activities and provide guidance on workforce management measures.
- Applicants must possess a University degree in Business Management, Human Resource ManagementInternational/Public Affairs, Communications, Engineering or some other equivalent experience in a technical
field related to socioeconomic and/or industrial relations matters.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in socioeconomic, human resource management government, and/or workforce management or industrial relations field(s) preferably with knowledge of compliance, construction, or extractive industry projects.
- Working knowledge of IFC Performance Standards and Lenders' Equator Principle expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Must have experience in all aspects of workforce and industrial relations management with major projects inPapua New Guinea (PNG).
- Experience with Tier 1 companies involved in construction of major infrastructure and or resource developmentwithin PNG. Preferably involved with staged development, i.e., construction through testing commissioning to
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with experience in negotiation and conflict resolution. Prior experiencenegotiating outcomes related to industrial relations in the mining and oil and gas sectors is preferred.
- Skills in monitoring, assessment and development of improvement plans.
- Should have project management and/or program evaluation experience.
- Experience working with or knowledge of L&CA related programs preferred.
- Site based assignment.
- Attractive salary base rate.
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)