HSE Lead – Onshore Construction
Vacancy number • PUB406655
- Responsible for implementing the LNG project Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) management program and ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor’s HSE management system, during onshore construction activity associated with COMP1 project.
- Has high visibility to PMT Construction Team and EPC Contractor and Construction Subcontractor. Recognizes that errors have significant impact on external parties
About this role
- Contribute to the development of a ‘Proactive Safety Culture’ at Construction Sites in which safety leadership and values drive continuous improvement and creates an environment of trust, transparency and genuine care for people
- Implement the Project Safety Plan, and ensure the effective implementation of the Contractors’ Project Safety Management System and Procedures at the Cnstruction Site including:
- HSE Risk Management Program to ensure that project-specific risks are identified, assessed, mitigated via reduced consequence and likelihood and communicated, enabling project to be executed safely and efficiently and meeting project objectives. Ensure that risks mitigations include documented method statements and Job-Safety Analyses
- HSE Audit and Verification Programs to ensure that risk controls and barriers are properly implemented. This includes regular and proactive safety inspections covering all work activity and locations.
- HSE Observation Program of ongoing work activity to identify safe and at-risk behaviours, to ensure necessary safety improvements can be identified and implemented
- HSE Training Program to ensure competency of workforce and increase awareness and understanding of safe working practices. This includes initial onboarding and induction training for all project team with periodic follow-up; supervisory development training ; task-specific training.
- Emergency Response Plan to ensure that all likely emergency response scenarios are identified, assessed and contingency measures put in place. Coordinates with Contractor Emergency Response Team to ensuring the effective implementation of the Contractors’ Emergency Response Plans
- Security Plan to ensure the security and protection of the project’s people, worksites, material, equipment, plant, executed work and completed assets. Acts as the Site PMT point-of-contact for security issues. Coordinates with Contractor Security Lead to ensure that Security risk assessments are conducted; that risk management plans are established at all locations; and that all necessary security arrangements are fully implemented
- Occupational Health Program to ensure the health and wellbeing of project team
- Incident Investigation to ensure that HSE incidents, and near misses are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to ensure safe working practices are maintained and improved.
- HSE Reporting Program using Leading & Lagging Key Performance Indicators to monitor HSE performance against objectives; and to communicate and report on HSE performance, HSE issues and risks, and developing trends to Project Management Team and all relevant stakeholders
- Actively participate in
- Lessons Learned Program to actively and continuously capture learnings from project activities; to learn from our successes and failings to identify opportunities and warning signals to improve our safety performance
- Site HSE Committee in conjunction with PMT and Contractor management to review HSE performance and identify priorities and actions
- Maintain interfaces, including:
- Site Construction Team to ensure that HSE issues are resolved promptly and effectively
- Project Management Team to provide feedback on HSE issues; to expedite closure of lessons learned; to provide feedback on HSE performance generally
- To conduct other HSE related tasks as directed by COMP1 Head of HSE or HSE & Quality Division Manager
- Minimum of 10 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 8 years involvement in the construction or fabrication of major offshore production facilities.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory capacity of Health & Safety management
- Minimum 5 years experience working in Asian fabrication Yards
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- ISO 45001 Safety Auditor qualification or equivalent
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2026, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Babu Harishchandra Jadhav quoting publication number: PUB406655