About this role: HSE Lead – Jackets
- Responsible for implementing the project health & safety (HSE) management program and ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor’s HSE management system, during fabrication of Jackets as part of Compression COMP2 project.
- Communication and influencing of various organizations in a multi-cultural environment, while based at an Indonesian Fabrication Yard
- Has high visibility to PMT Fabrication Team and EPC Contractor and Fabrication Subcontractor. Recognizes that errors have significant impact on external parties
- Contribute to the development of a ‘Proactive Safety Culture’ at Fabrication Yard in which safety leadership and values drive continuous improvement and creates an environment of trust, transparency and genuine care for people
- Implement the Project Safety Plan, and ensure the effective implementation of the Contractors’ Project Safety Management System and Procedures at the fabrication Yard including:
- HSE Risk Management Program to ensure that project-specific risks are identified, assessed, mitigated via reduced consequence and likliehood and communicated, enabling project to be executed safely and efficiently and meeting project objectives. Ensure that risks mitigations include documented method statements and Job-Safety Analyses
- HSE Audit and Verification Programs to ensure that risk controls and barriers are properly implemented. This includes regular and proactive safety inspections covering all work activity and locations.
- HSE Observation Program of ongoing work activity to identify safe and at-risk behaviours, to ensure necessary safety improvements can be identified and implemented
- HSE Training Program to ensure competency of workforce and increase awareness and understanding of safe working practices. This includes initial onboarding and induction training for all project team with periodic follow-up; supervisory development training ; task-specific training.
- Emergency Response Plan to ensure that all likely emergency response scenarios are identified, assessed and contingency measures put in place. Coordinates with Contractor Emergency Response Team to ensuring the effective implementation of the Contractors’ Emergency Response Plans
- Security Plan to ensure the security and protection of the project’s people, worksites, material, equipment, plant, executed work and completed assets. Acts as the Yard PMT point-of-contact for security issues. Coordinates with Contractor Security Lead to ensure that Security risk assessments are conducted; that risk management plans are established at all locations; and that all necessary security arrangements are fully implemented
- Occupational Health Program to ensure the health and wellbeing of project team
- Incident Investigation to ensure that HSE incidents, and near misses are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to ensure safe working practices are maintained and improved.
- HSE Reporting Program using Leading & Lagging Key Performance Indicators to monitor HSE performance against objectives; and to communicate and report on HSE performance, HSE issues and risks, and developing trends to Project Management Team and all relevant stakeholders
- Minimum of 10 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 8 years involvement in the construction or fabrication of major offshore production facilities.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory capacity of health & safety management
- Minimum 5 years experience working in Asian fabrication Yards
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- ISO 45001 Safety Auditor qualification or equivalent
- Ability to manage development and implementation of Safety Management Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry.
- Requires strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to interact with project management team and Contractors confidently.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills. Chinese language skills are advantageous
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 Sep 2026 with possible extension
- Qatar and Karimun Indonesia
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)