About this role: Health and Safety Manager
Brunel Australasia is seeking a dynamic Health and Safety Manager for a leading project in the renewable energy sector. Our client is at the spearhead of the industry, implementing groundbreaking projects that pave the way towards a sustainable future. This opportunity is perfect for someone who is passionate about contributing to the decarbonisation and growth agendas through the development of renewable resources.
As a Health and Safety Manager, you will have the ultimate accountability for the health and safety aspects of constructing and commissioning a new facility. Your leadership will ensure the establishment and maintenance of health and safety standards, influencing the culture and operational effectiveness of the project team.
- Development and implementation of the Project Health and Safety Management Plan.
- Ensuring the project's adherence to health and safety legislative requirements and best practices.
- Leading the development and management of the Major Hazard Facility (MHF) safety case.
- Coordination of health and safety training, ensuring all project requirements are met.
- Management of health and safety performance metrics and reporting frameworks.
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety or a related field.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a project health and safety role, with significant site-based construction experience.
- Demonstrable experience with MHF safety case development is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills.
- Competitive hourly rates that recognise your expertise in the sector.
- Work on a project that is at the forefront of renewable technology and sustainability.
- Be part of an energetic and innovative team that values safety and operational excellence.
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)