About this role: Fire Protection Engineer
- Serves as a technical expert and consultant within the Fire Protection department (FrPD); Aids in technical or administrative matters to FPD Division Heads;
- Initiates and conducts special studies for improving facilities or operation;
- Develops and promotes comprehensive recommendations to assist in improving fire protection personnel and facilities;
- Acts as Department/Division representative to other organizations inside or outside the company; Serves on internal or external committees;
- Fire Protection Engineer will be expected to play a lead role in review of engineering design packages of active fire protection systems for Company projects, ranging from plants (e;g;, refineries, bulk plants, and GOSPs) to commercial spaces (offices, laboratories, campus designs) to residential projects (high density apartments); The projects involve on-shore and off-shore facilities, both new and existing, and can require representation by FrPD from project scoping/design basis through development to execution, commissioning and acceptance testing;
- Working within our Fire Protection Engineering Unit, our Fire Protection Engineers are industry experts in their field, possessing a depth of experience across the spectrum of fire protection and fire systems engineering and deploying this to provide proactive specialist advice and support for fire detection and fire protection systems installed in all the Company facilities across the Kingdom; They serve on technical committees for corporate and international standards, recommending changes that improve safety in our core business area;
- As technical experts, Fire Protection Engineers are paramount in providing engineering and specialist advice for issues related to deficient fire protection systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Fire Protection Engineering, or closely related subject or a Master degree in Fire Protection Engineering;
- 10 years of minimum Years of Experience;
- Must have a sound working knowledge of chemistry concerning fire and hazardous materials and fire service hydraulics standards and codes such as NFPA. In addition to knowledge related to salvage and rescue operations; hazards in producing, refining, transporting crude oil and petroleum products and incident command systems;
- Excellent command of technical engineering with an ability to analyze complicated challenges and develop safe and cost-effective solutions. Professional Engineering license(s) in Fire Protection (P.E.) preferred.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Suresh Jogi via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai
+971 4 315 3000