About this role: Finance Director- Renewable Energy
Brunel is acting behalf of a global leader in renewable energy solutions, we're actively seeking a seasoned Finance Director with a specialty in the Energy sector. This key role is integral to the client's expansion plans and the successful inauguration of their new Melbourne, Australia office. We are looking for a professional who has a proven track record in financial leadership roles within the renewable energy industry and is excited about contributing to the successful growth of our client's new office.
As the Finance Director for Renewable Energy, your primary responsibility will be setting up and managing the financial operations of the new Melbourne office. Your role will encompass financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and analysis, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Your financial acumen, coupled with a comprehensive understanding of the renewable energy sector, will be vital in implementing our business strategies and meeting our financial objectives.
- Leading the financial planning and analysis activities to support the strategic objectives of the new Melbourne office.
- Managing daily financial operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and adherence to accounting standards.
- Developing robust financial controls and processes to protect company assets and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Providing financial insights to senior management for investment decisions and cost optimisation strategies.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to evaluate the financial viability of renewable energy projects.
- Conducting financial analysis and due diligence on potential acquisitions and partnerships.
- Monitoring market trends and regulatory changes in the renewable energy sector to guide business strategies.
- Coordinating with external auditors, tax advisors, and regulatory authorities to ensure compliance.
- Managing relationships with financial institutions, investors, and other stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. Professional certifications such as CPA, CFA, or CA are preferred.
- At least 8 years' experience in progressive financial leadership roles within the renewable energy industry.
- In-depth knowledge of financial principles, accounting standards, and financial modelling techniques.
- Strong understanding of project finance, including debt and equity financing structures.
- Competitive Salary: The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary, benchmarked against the top industry standards, considering their qualifications and experience. Range is between $200,000-$450,000 this is based on years of experience, industry experience, and current package.
- Career Advancement: Our client strongly believes in fostering talent, providing numerous opportunities for skills enhancement, professional growth, and career progression within the company.
- Working with a Market Leader: This is a unique opportunity to join a global frontrunner in the renewable energy sector, contributing to significant projects that shape the future of renewable energy.
- International Exposure: Working in a global context, the successful candidate will gain international experience, potentially including travel for projects and conferences.
- Sustainability Focus: Join a mission-driven company that is passionate about promoting renewable energy and sustainability, making a positive and lasting impact on the planet.
- Inclusive Culture: Our client takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)