Vacancy number • PUB406164
Brunel is currently recruiting experienced Field Technicians for contract roles with a leading Iron Ore producer in Australia. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the top mining companies in the country and enjoy competitive rates of pay along with an excellent site culture.
About this role
This position reports to the Field Supervisor. Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving safety performance by conducting or assisting in quality Field Leadership and material risk verification exercises.
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the Company Charter, Company Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Ensure logistics of approved Geoscience work programs are completed safely to required standards
- Delineation and signage of infrastructure including tracks, laydowns, and water sources
- Flagging or pegging of heritage, environmental and program requirements
- Creation or setup of water access, laydown, caravan, generators, fuel tanks or other mobile facilities
- Undertake project closeout activities including collar cutting, collection of signage, removal of waste materials
- Maintain the relevant core yard facilities and waste management
- Assisting in surveys (including heritage / environmental)
- Field approving and entering Earthworks and drilling plods
- Support Field Supervisor in managing equipment service & maintenance and Daily workplace inspections
- Escorting duties when required
- Maintaining asbestos kits
- Managing Blast clearances
- Undertake all sampling related to Geoscience operations, including the recording of information into electronic systems, sample collection, sample/core pickup and dispatch
- Photography of core or as requested by Field Supervisor
- Complete QAQC checks in the field
To be eligible for the role you will need:
- Previous Field Technician experience – Essential
- Manual C Class Driver’s License - Essential
- First Aid Certificate
- 4wd Training - Desirable
- A good level of fitness
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia, based in the the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- FIFO from Perth
- 8/6 roster, day shifts only
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Temp-Perm opportunity based on performance
- Brunel Benefits – referral program, salary packaging including options for flights ex east coast, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits + more
- Leading market rates
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rebecca Daglan quoting publication number: PUB406164