Field Service Technician - Lethbridge
Vacancy number • PUB406495
We are currently hiring a Field Service Technician for our client. The Field Service Technician acts as the face of the company while ensuring top-notch service for customers. In this field-based, Customer-facing role, you will travel to hospitals, laboratories, surgical facilities, and other customer locations to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, washer/disinfectors, surgical equipment such as tables & lights, and other products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks.
About this role
- Drive customer satisfaction through proactive communication and commitment to resolving customer’s issues/problems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, performing installations as required, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions, and the sales organization.
- Promote company growth through identifying sales opportunities and recommending products/services to Customers.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with Customers providing informative status updates.
- Be a positive ambassador for the company at Customer sites.
- This position may be elevated to a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by the company.
- High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel locally as required.
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with navigating a computer and exposure to Microsoft Office programs.
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include visibility to emergency trauma.
- Physical working requirements include: Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Cristiano Forezli quoting publication number: PUB406495