Vacancy number • PUB406624
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor to work with one of the largest energy companies in the world, who have assets in Oil & Gas, LNG and Renewable energy and a major operator in Papua New Guinea.
About this role
The ideal candidate is required to monitor and report environmental data to Client's Corporation in the USA, the PNG regulators, and financiers of the Project. The Environmental Advisor in Port Moresby will provide on-site assistance to the Environmental Supervisor by mentoring other environmental specialists and advisors, assisting with environmental monitoring and reporting and completion of QA/QC reviews.
Major responsibilities include but not limited to:• Special assignments as given by E&R Supervisor• Advocacy of CEPA Regulations – Protected Areas, Biodiversity Offsets, Climate Change
• Provide training and guidance to operations as needed to facilitate awareness of the Protocols• Mentoring other Environmental Advisors and Specialists
• Assist E&R Supervisor and the Environment Lead with stewardship of environmental data with a focus on:o Corporate EPI (Environmental Performance Indicators) reporting
o ESMP (Environmental and Socioeconomic Monitoring Plan) reportingo CEPA (Conservation and Environment Protection Authority) reporting
• Oversight and management of third-party contractors • Participate in cold eyes reviews and internal inspections on site as needed
• Meeting with regulatory agencies as needed to assist with reporting and licensing and permitting needs that may arise• Assist with IESC (Independent Environmental and Socioeconomic Consultant) inspections
• Ensure compliance to regulatory requirement and Lender’s commitment (per IFC)
• Experience with implementing environmental monitoring programs• Experience writing environmental reports for internal and external stewardship
• Knowledge of production and engineering practices • Understanding of air emission sources and how air emission data are collected and reported
• Understanding of proper waste management practices• Understanding of water management needs
• Good interpersonal relationships with diverse workgroups, including regulatory and other stakeholders• Effectively interact in office and field environment with professional, support personnel and operations including consultants
• Experience with regulatory licensing/permitting in PNG• Knowledge and experience in EMPC SHE Management Systems (i.e. OIMS)
- Port Moresby based assignment
- Attractive salary base rate
- Fortnightly pay cycle
- Full medical insurance
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Luanne Yuambari quoting publication number: PUB406624