About this role: engineering manager
Brunel is an industry leader when it comes to delivering successful results for our client base across the Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining, Power and Oil & Gas industries.
Our client is a leading national Renewables Contractor. They are now seeking an electrical engineer to join their team based in Perth. The company is offering an attractive salary package and long-term career progression. This position is accountable to lead our clients engineering function in Australia. The position leads a small team of engineers that provide day-to-day engineering and technical support to Operations and Maintenance teams. Accountable to ensure that technical expertise and engineering input is provided into asset operational and maintenance decisions to help achieve operational goals and maintain technical compliance with the applicable internal and external requirements. Develop, implement, and manage a 1–2-year business plan in alignment with the operations and engineering business.
This role provides strategic direction to their direct reports, ensuring timely and appropriate quality services to the agreed upon standards. To develop systems, processed and tools that allow the smooth functioning of the team in delivering engineering and technical advice to the business. To manage and execute capital engineering solutions in support of business needs
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
Accountable for developing, implementing, and managing the 1-2 year technical support program and delivering the agreed results. This includes adapting departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Set the direction of the Engineering business unit and team for the Australian Business- Manage communication and relationships with customer, regulators, contractors and consultants
- Coordinate and communicate the resolution of significant technical issues arising from detrimental operating conditions and equipment conditions- Develop, implement, and manage the equipment and system risk assessments and condition assessments process and technical support for projects, planned and unplanned outages
- Leadership and oversight of the development of our clients electricity grid, control systems, dispatch engines and protection systems in Australia.- Provide technical input into the asset management process to ensure risk assessments and equipment condition assessments informs the Long Range Technical Plan
- Develop, implement, and manage the engineering design program for all engineering design work completed internally and externally- Develop, recommend, implement, and manage operating procedures, policies, and standards
- Develop and manage a high-performance team Supervisors and Professionals that provide day-to-day and diagnostic technical support for operations and maintenance for the full inventory of power plant equipment and systems, delegating them appropriate deliverables and holding them accountable for delivery. This includes building bench strength. - Provide engineering support to ensure the facility can operate and be maintained safely and in compliance within company policies, procedures, standards, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Develop and manage the engineering budget for functional area- Lead incident investigations
- Proactively compile trends of equipment data and recommend action to prevent future failures of problematic equipment across the plant
Professional Engineer with 8+ years’ experience in the power generation business
- People leader with 5+ years progressive experience in function with minimum 5 years leadership experience; - Knowledge of the practices and processes associated with project management, project engineering, and engineering design in the power generation industry
- In-depth understanding of concepts, theories, and principles in own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines- Strong awareness of the technical aspects of the operation under accountability
- Change management theory and practices - Understand the TransAlta and corporate engineering technical support organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in a power generation facility or a large integrated process plant- Understand and apply the policies, procedures, standards, regulatory and legal requirements that apply to the power generation business in Australia (OHS Act, MSI Act, AUS3000)
- Contractual understanding of commercial agreements- Financial knowledge to develop, implement, and manage financial budget for functional area and to complete financial/economic assessments and asset life cycle planning
This company offers a fantastic salary package, plus mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention and officesPlease note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then click the ‘apply’ button now and please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Matthew Robertson via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia
+61 8 9429 5605