About this role: Electrical & Controls Technician II
Brunel is currently searching for an Electrical Controls Technician II for direct hire with our client located in Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania.
As an Electrical Controls Technician, you will work within the Maintenance Department and partner closely with Operations to minimize Plant downtime. This position reports to the Electrician Supervisor.
- Trouble shoot, repair, rebuild, installation and demolition of the plant’s electrical equipment and machinery, including motors, panels, generating equipment, lighting circuits, communication systems, etc.
- Maintain the facility in an electrically safe condition.
- Respond to process upsets with sense of urgency.
- Comply with regulatory governing bodies with regard to electrical installations, mining safety, and occupational health; and with company safe practices and established procedures.
- May be required to perform other miscellaneous assignments as directed.
- Installation of new improvements projects throughout the plant.
- Swing shifts on 1, 2 and 3 shift will be required on a rotating schedule.
- High School Diploma coupled with two or more years of demonstrated experience in a continuous process atmosphere. A technical certificate or advanced degree is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years or more electrical experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with single and 3 phase AC motor controls, including MCCs, soft starters and VFDs.
- Must have working knowledge of Allen-Bradley controllers, I/O modules and programming software.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot power and electrical controls using A.C. and D.C. voltages ranging from 6V to 480V. Must have High-Voltage!
- Understanding of electrical theory and understanding of National electrical code.
- Understanding of methods and procedures to use for installation, maintenance and repair jobs on electrical and electronic equipment.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts. Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
Position includes hourly pay and up to 7% 401K match, paid holidays, paid vacation, along with health benefits packages to choose from that start on day 1. Relocation package offered. This is a 24-hour operation with weekends based on need. Overtime paid for over 40 hours. Schedule is a swing shift or fully 2 or 3 shift available. All tools and required company PPE are provided. Paid shift differentials.
Our client specializes in mining and material processing with multiple operations throughout the U.S.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Madison Ringlein via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel USA - Houston