About this role: Drilling Engineer
Our client is seeking Drilling Engineers to support upcoming projects in Australia & New Zealand working alongside the Drilling and Completions manager.
The Drilling Engineer is responsible for drilling design, engineering, and planning to support the Australian and New Zealand unconventional assets. Although office based, there will be a requirement to go to the well-site in support of ongoing drilling, completion and frac operations.
The Drilling Engineer is responsible for well planning activities, ensuring that all governmental permits, AFE’s, drilling programs, well designs and equipment are available to successfully support the program.
The Drilling Engineer is also responsible for ensuring that operations are planned and executed in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner such that the well objectives are delivered on time and within budget.
- Monitor and provide onsite operations support during drilling operations and submit daily summary reports to the client and its joint venture partners.
- During all well planning activities, ensure all governmental permits, AFE’s, drilling programs, well designs and equipment are available when required for execution of operations.
- Ensure risk assessments are performed as required and the appropriate resources are available.
- Ensure drilling and completion design meets the well objectives and is performed in accordance with established standards.
- Conduct operations planning and work program/procedure generation, including risk assessment and peer review, where required.
- Coordinate performance tracking (actual vs planned) and make recommendations for improvement.
- Implement efficiency initiatives across the projects, monitor their impact, document lessons learned, and refine when required.
- Manage post operation close out including, reviewing performance against plan, capturing lessons learned and developing solutions to problems to improve performance.
- Evaluate and implement new drilling technologies to improve efficiency, performance and/or add value.
- Provide input for company presentations and represent Westside at industry events.
- Conduct rig audits and safety stand downs at the rig site.
- Conduct DWOPS, CWOPS, Ice Breakers, and SQM's with major D&C Contractors.
- Support contracts on related contract tender preparation, bid evaluation and contract management
- An Engineering Degree, preferably in Drilling or Petroleum Engineering.
- Highly developed diplomatic skills to effectively bridge interfaces between multiple stakeholders with varying objectives and a broad range of drilling planning & operations technical knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a preference of building consensus within interdisciplinary teams around common goals and objectives.
- Safety Leadership Training would be advantageous.
- UBD experience would be advantageous.
- CSG or unconventional lateral drilling experience would be advantageous.
- Full time position available including Annual leave and sick leave benefits.
- Brisbane Based role with some travel need on an Ad Hoc basis
- Monday- Friday
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)