About this role: Civil/Structural Project Engineer
Brunel is currently seeking a Civil/Structural Project Engineer for direct hire with our Consultant Mining Construction client who operators in heavy civil construction and underground construction throughout North America and Canada. The Project Engineer will start on a shaft project on-site in Raven, Virginia on a 3/1 rotation.
The position is responsible for all on-site engineering services required to construct underground structures such as shafts, tunnels, slopes, and other duties as assigned. The Project Engineer will work with the Corporate Engineering and Mining Departments as required.
- Quality Control – Ensuring that construction work complies with both project specifications and company standard
- Document Control – Prepare and distribute all required documentation records including various cost, schedule and production reports
- Surveying – Establish, maintain, and advance line and grade control for excavation and construction.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, as-built records, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Field Reporting – Accurately complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Safety – Comply and promote the Company safety policies to ensure a safe workplace while also observing MSHA Federal and State standards
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Mining, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 1 year of construction experience is required, preferably in mining
- Familiar with the use of surveying instruments; total station, rotation laser, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with AutoCAD
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with clients, management and production staff
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to solve construction engineering issues
- Must be able to work underground in a challenging environment with exposure to heights
- MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
Our client offers a salary based on experience. Position will pay $750/weekly Per Diem, plus company truck. This initial project will be on a 3 weeks on/1 week off rotation, working 6 days per week. Initial project is slated for 18-24 months, then engineer will be reassigned to the next project, location TBD. Full benefits with cafeteria style package to chose what works best for you. Accrued PTO time. Up to 10% 401K match based on your contribution. Excellent opportunity to join a fast growing team and be apart of cutting edge projects.
Our client specializes in mining construction.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Cindy King via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel USA - Detroit