Civil Structural and Architectural Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406121
Our client, a leading multi-billion-dollar company, is embarking on an ambitious venture to construct a state-of-the-art giga factory. This facility will revolutionize our industry and redefine the way products are manufactured. Brunel is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Civil Structural Engineer to join our client’s dynamic team.
As a Civil Structural Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of this construction project. You will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the integrity, safety, and efficiency of all civil, structural, and architectural aspects of the project. Your expertise will contribute to the creation of a cutting-edge facility that will shape the future of this industry.
About this role
- Responsible for Civil & Structural design review related to the civil site layouts including concrete & structural steel works, foundations arrangement layouts, structural and foundation details, calculation for foundations or pipe supports, GA for structural steel. This is also extended to various typical works, such as concrete protection details, road, and paving details, drain sump details, civil & structural bulk MTO, requisitions and Technical Bid Evaluations TBEs.
- Responsible for gathering the Civil & Structural design requirements from the different disciplines.
- Responsible for coordination between Civil & Structural design and other discipline designs in addition to project or site interfaces.
- Drive and support the design contractors in the development of their solutions and resolve technical queries in accordance with the agreed schedule and budget.
- Ensure quality assurance of Civil & Structural engineering activities including the review and approval of associated design deliverables, vendor/supplier documentation.
- Prepare or review of CSA design estimates and work scopes at various life-cycle stages of the project.
- Client representative at design reviews and acceptance tests.
- Provide technical support to the planning & scheduling, construction, and commissioning teams.
- Work with the Maintenance and Operations Teams to achieve a successful handover of the design documentation and flawless startup.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience with similar role in industrial and plant layout design, preferably in both greenfield and brownfield settings.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience working in projects integrating both indoor and outdoor industrial processes.
- Previous experience working as a Civil/Structural engineer in all project phases from feasibility to construction and commissioning.
- Experience in supporting other project functions with input, including estimating, scheduling, HSE risk assessments, and constructability reviews.
- Previous experience with large scale projects (100M+) in one of the following industries: Oil &Gas, Chemicals, Mining &Metals, Pharmaceuticals, Food &Beverages.
- Experience with underground/aboveground services is desirable.
- Experience with, and motivated to, setting up work methods and procedures from scratch, work with process evaluation and documentation.
- Familiar with Canadian codes, standards, and regulations.
Nice to have:
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry
- Familiar with International codes, standards, and regulations.
- Fluent in French and English
- Fluency in other languages
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Clemens Snoeijer quoting publication number: PUB406121