Vacancy number • PUB406058
Brunel is recruiting experienced Blast Crew for contract roles with a leading Iron Ore producer. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with one of Australia’s top mining companies while taking advantage of an excellent rate of pay and fantastic site culture. This role is on an 8/6 roster with genuine temp to perm and career progression pathways onsite.
About this role
Working as part of a drill and blast team, you will be required to:
- Prime and load blast holes
- Mark up drill patterns
- Support your team members to achieve the unit’s shared objectives.
- Monitor and set up blast zones
- QA/QC of blast holes - recording data to pass onto supervisors
- Working alongside drillers and shot firers to complete ad-hoc tasks such as refueling LVs and other machinery and general maintenance activities.
- Upholding safety regulations and protocol.
We encourage you to apply if you have the following experience:
- Previous Drill & Blast experience is highly desirable
- "C" class unrestricted manual license is essential
- National Police Clearance (within 12 months)
- Dangerous Goods Security Card (DGSC) - or willing to obtain
- Working at heights -
- Great attitude and team mindset is essential
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia, based in the the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- FIFO from Perth
- 8:6 roster / 12.5 hr. shifts
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Genuine temp to perm opportunities if you display the right attitude and commitment
- Career pathways to Blast Hole Driller or Shotfirer
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging inc. options for flights ex east coast, flexible payroll options, discountedGym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Paige Harding quoting publication number: PUB406058