Vacancy number • PUB406474
Brunel is seeking an Asset Buyer for our major Oil ad gas client. Reporting to the Supply Chain Procurement Manager, the Buyer will undertake a visible leadership role in driving the client and its suppliers to the “Safest Project on Earth” and maintain a Goal Zero requirement in the Asset operate phase. Role is based in Calgary with regular site visits to Kitimat, BC.
About this role
- Deliver the challenging targets of material and equipment availability before startup of the Asset.
- Work with planning teams to understand demand and procure spare parts for the asset operations team
- Develop strategies to procure spare parts based on best value.
- Work in close collaboration with the Commissioning and Startup (CSU) team to ensure the correct material is available during the CSU.
- Participate in planning, and procure materials related to turnaround or shut down events
- Gain an in-depth understanding material demand, as well as local/regional market conditions and price levers.
- Develop strategies, tactics, and contracts in accordance with the Contracting and Procurement Procedures Manual including all governance requirements.
- Ensure Contracting and Procurement process, procedures, systems, and tools are maintained, and upgrades aligned to JVP requirements (particularly meeting JV agreement requirements to adopt Shell process, procedures, and systems).
- Develop and share best practices, work processes, systems, and tools, based on experience gained in a portfolio of independent Assets.
- Must be experienced and proficient in SAP MM module for purchasing related activities.
- Minimum of 5 years Contracting and Procurement experience in Oil and Gas or heavy industrial settings that utilize technical equipment.
- Demonstrated Asset Contracting and Procurement experience.
- Must be experienced in operational contracting with demonstrated ability of managing discussions on Terms and Conditions with contractors / suppliers and Legal.
- Understanding and application of contracting and procurement processes and tools. SAP experience is a must.
- Experienced in technical buying.
- Contract management & governance.
- Strong commercial acumen / awareness.
- Strong internal and external stakeholders’ management skills.
- Effective communications at all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery to Asset/Operational demands.
- CP professional competencies at Skill or above, Business, Engineering or Quantity Surveying degree, or equivalent.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Andy Borgatti quoting publication number: PUB406474