About this role: Access Control Specialist
Access Control Specialist
The Access Control Specialist works under the supervision of the Security Superintendent to ensure the physical security of employees, contractors, visitors, and facilities. They enforce access control policies by assigning access based on established protocols and maintaining access control permissions as advised by the Site management. The specialist also maintains direct communication with the Superintendent of Security and site management.
- Manage the company’s Potash Access Control
- Conduct physical security checks, inspections and monitoring of all internal security systems for site and camp.
- Facilitate reasonable cause drug and alcohol testing requirements in line with the off-duty Drug and Alcohol Management Procedure.
- Maintain Emergency Response communication skills and competency through site training and events.
- Maintain access management equipment and report any defects or deficiencies to Technology
- Processes requests for card access and modifications; monitors, tracks, and evaluates card access activity system-wide
- Facilitates collaborative efforts to develop appropriate processes; coordinates Access Control projects with the appropriate stakeholders
- Complete access management reporting and contribute to handover meetings.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Provide support and access management guidance to onsite Security teams.
- Support legislative compliance for security & access management service provision.
- Provide advice on all issues relating to access management.
- Facilitate the communication between workgroups, individuals, the community, and Security & Emergency Management to ensure effective emergency response when required.
- Supports line in building an understanding of, and compliance with, relevant Access management reporting.
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally;
- Follow protocols and escalate as needed;
- Maintain an average level of personal fitness to fulfill response activities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Functional Expert – Consistently delivers in the execution of defined Security & Emergency Management work
- Operational Capability – Credibility developed through time spent in Security & Emergency Management environments
- Stakeholder Engagement – Demonstrates the ability to engage & work within the operations
- Certificate or Diploma in Security Administration/Management /Criminology or Criminal Justice.
- Understanding of relevant Canadian and Saskatchewan Security Legislation
- Minimum Two years of experience working with security technology systems for a complex organization, troubleshooting problems, analyzing information and data, designing queries and reports and creating operational policies and procedures.
- Experience with electronic access control systems (CCure900, Gallagher, Honeywell, johnson etc)
- Demonstrated ability to reliably deliver team results and meet deadlines
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)